Professional Focus Points
Copywriting and editing | Proofreading | Digital publishing
Content management | SEO optimization | Research
Web content | Creative writing | Media criticism
- Microsoft Office suite
- WordPress & digital publishing software
- Google Analytics
- Basic HTML understanding
- Outbrain (digital content promotion service)
- Google Drive
- Image editing software
Gruen Digital Marketing Agency
August 2016 – Present
November 2017 – Present
- Coordinate content programs for 10+ clients in various industries, including home services and pest control. Communicate closely with clients to ensure their needs are being met and they’re satisfied with their programs.
- Work closely with SEO Specialist co-workers to conceptualize different SEO-optimized content programs designed to drive traffic to client’s websites and lead to purchase conversions. Use analytical tracking software to gather engagement data to design better-targeted campaigns over time.
- Conceive of, research, draft, edit, and publish a large volume of SEO-optimized web-based content including blogs, web pages (service, location, FAQs, etc.). Independently manage schedule of content production.
- Manage production of copy-based web content at every level, including working with freelance copywriters, working with in-staff graphic designers, editing and publishing copy, implementing requested changes, and designing content programs to clients’ individual needs and desires.
August 2016 – November 2017
- Conceive of, research, draft, edit, and publish a high volume and wide variety of web-based blog content for clients in various industries, including home services, pest control, and more.
- Work with SEO Specialist co-workers to determine how to best design content programs that drive traffic and, ultimately, conversions for clients.
- Draft and publish wide variety of SEO-optimized web copy for client’s web sites, including location pages, service pages, product description pages, and more.
- Coordinate with SEO Specialists and editors to send content to clients on a monthly basis. Independently managed copywriting Editorial Calendar.
The Creative Group
June 2015 – August 2016
Contract Proofreader and Copy Editor
June 2015 – August 2016
- Contracted out to Robert Half clients as a freelance, temporary proofreader and copy editor. Proofread and edited high volume of copy for a wide variety of professional clients, including:
Freelance Media Criticism
Around August 2014 – Present
- Write freelance criticism on videogames, movies, television, and culture. Published at a wide variety of outlets (see portfolio).
Game Informer Magazine
May 2014 – August 2014
- Worked with Game Informer staff writers, new editors, and other interns to research, draft, edit, and publish daily videogame new articles, cultural pieces, and previews.
- Worked closely with staff members to develop and refine editorial voice over the course of several feature articles posted on Game Informer’s web site.
- Interviewed game developers for a preview piece featured in the magazine.
- Copy edited, proofread, and provided feedback on staff editor and intern articles.
Tiger Oak Magazine
August 2013 – December 2013
- Researched and wrote articles for St. Louis Park and Plymouth magazines
- Conducted interviews with assignment subjects
- Proofread and fact checked articles prior to publication
- Developed both web and print content
University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
Graduated May 2014
- Bachelor of Arts: English Literature & Philosophy (Creative writing emphasis)